If the CPW got all the money back that was put into the general fund or wherever it goes,you would not see a problem.The CPW requests a budget with so much money and the legislature gives back what they want to give.

Then you have the CPW Wildlife doing dam and maintenance work in state parks like Pueblo in the name of doing wildlife habitat. Just how in the heck do bike paths benefit wildlife. CPW should not be in the business of property maintenance, building shooting ranges, and a host of other expenditures that private entities should be doing.

If someone thinks $90 is OK for an elk tag, go talk to families that are trying to fund 3-4 kids on an elk hunt, even if the tag fee is reduced for youth. Maybe if a person is on good payroll but many hunters, like myself,being retired are on fixed income and although I support n maybe 10 or 15% increase in fees,I sure as heck don't support doubling them. Charging $500 for a sheep,goat or moose tag is only going to make 50% at least stop applying and then you get into the situation that all hunting is a rich man's sport. Of course those who can afford it have no qualms about it

If everyone on this forum would go to the link provided in the initial thread post and from there go to the survey page ,fill it out,then you might see some response from CPW. As it is now, those statewide meetings are attended by maybe a 100 people at each meeting.So input is limited. Of course,CPW is going to do what ever they want.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles