Twice Ive arrived at my friends ranch in Wyoming to se his Rem 700 trigger so clogged with gumbo that the rifle would not longer cock and fire; in Maine years back I saw a snowstorm with ice and melting snow shut down a pair of Rem 700's. Froze up the safeties and triggers. My pre war M70 endured the same conditions and shrugged it all off.

I am no fan of enclosed trigger mechanisms for BG rifles.

Recently sold one rifle that started life as a pre 64 M70 FW 270,in a Brown Precision PoundR that dates back to the late 80's or thereabouts. It's been all over the Continent 2-3 times, killed a lot of game. This is the third barrel. Cant recall any snafus despite years of hunting and a few thousand rounds.

I won't call it a "custom" rifle; just a factory. or "parts" gun.

This is new within the last 7 years or so; pre 64 FW 270 in McMillan bedded for me by Redneck. Been flawless so far. Really just a factory rifle but pre 64 received a lot more "hands on" attention back then than rifles do now. The way some feed/function I swear no human hands ever touched them. I trust skilled craftsmen more than CNC machines to make things work perfectly.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BobinNH; 09/18/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.