Originally Posted by billiam280AI
If I were to decide to build a couple custom rifles at an affordable price, which components would you recommend? I live near a VERY good gunsmith that will do the work at an affordable price. He said he would put together any components I choose, so I thought I would get the thoughts of you guys that have done many build before.
I was thinking maybe
Remington stainless action
Bartlein or Brux barrel
Bell and Carlson medalist stock???

what components would you choose, and where would you get them at the best price?
Thanks for your help

As you can see from the previous posts a little more thought needs to go into this. Decide what you want the rifle to do. Look pretty? Shoot dime size groups off a bench? Weigh 5 lbs all up? All of the above?
Once you decide what you want the rifle to be, talk to your smith. If it was me I would talk to several smiths and get their ideas on which way to accomplish your goal.
And don't forget about getting the stock fit to you. The best components in the world won't make an ill fitting stock feel natural to you.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor