Originally Posted by Willicd76
Originally Posted by slickyboyboo
The key to an affordable custom, is to not get in a big hurry, and find deals as you come across them. It also doesn't hurt to be a wheeler and dealer.

I've got a 280 AI build at the smith right now, and from wheeling and dealing, it's a very affordable rifle.

It consists of:

Rem 700 Action w/PTG 1 piece bolt
Brux fluted Barrel
Jewell Trigger
McMillan Stock
PTG Bottom Metal
Seekins Base and Rings
Leupold VX-6 3-18x44
and a few other parts

My total investment, including the scope is just over $650. Proof that a quality rifle like you want can be had with a bit of time and effort.

Not a snowballs chance in hell you bought all of that for $650........i dont care how long you waited around for the deals!

Well, believe what you want, I have no reason to lie. However, I have tracked my costs on this gun, down to the penny, and if you want to know the actual figure, it adds everything posted above plus a Holland Competition Recoil Lug, Callahan Speedlock, Tac Bolt Knob, PTG Bottom Metal, and new SS action bolts. Down to the penny total investment in parts is $653.08.

The only part that isn't new or custom ordered, is the 60s model 700 action. It's all about finding deals, and wheeling and dealing.

Last edited by slickyboyboo; 09/24/16.