Originally Posted by slickyboyboo
Originally Posted by Willicd76
Originally Posted by slickyboyboo
The key to an affordable custom, is to not get in a big hurry, and find deals as you come across them. It also doesn't hurt to be a wheeler and dealer.

I've got a 280 AI build at the smith right now, and from wheeling and dealing, it's a very affordable rifle.

It consists of:

Rem 700 Action w/PTG 1 piece bolt
Brux fluted Barrel
Jewell Trigger
McMillan Stock
PTG Bottom Metal
Seekins Base and Rings
Leupold VX-6 3-18x44
and a few other parts

My total investment, including the scope is just over $650. Proof that a quality rifle like you want can be had with a bit of time and effort.

Not a snowballs chance in hell you bought all of that for $650........i dont care how long you waited around for the deals!

Well, believe what you want, I have no reason to lie. However, I have tracked my costs on this gun, down to the penny, and if you want to know the actual figure, it adds everything posted above plus a Holland Competition Recoil Lug, Callahan Speedlock, Tac Bolt Knob, PTG Bottom Metal, and new SS action bolts. Down to the penny total investment in parts is $653.08.

The only part that isn't new or custom ordered, is the 60s model 700 action. It's all about finding deals, and wheeling and dealing.

Would you at least care to share some how's? That scope alone for $650 is an absolute steal when they msrp for around 1200.