Originally Posted by Alamosa
Most likely would be laughed off any shooters forum. Probably the only reason that it appeared here.
This is the sort of thing that the better ranges will never allow and even the less restricted ‘gun club’ ranges will be real nervous about.
They all need to be concerned with keeping their insurance and maintaining a professional shooting atmosphere at each facility.
Conducting ‘experiments’ with high powered rifles is going to look a whole lot like a kid who has been entrusted with fireworks before becoming mature enough to do so.

My local range is one of those "‘gun club’ ranges" and no one has ever expressed any concern about shooting water jugs, let alone been " real nervous about" it.

Shooting water jugs is no more dangerous than shooting big game. In shooting dozens and dozens and dozens of water jugs over the years the only damage done has been to the jugs themselves, one wooden saw horse that got hit when my hunting buddy shot a bit low and one synthetic saw horse where the top rail was broken due to hydraulic pressure.

Guess you're not mature enough to ignore stuff you find no use for - because J'm living rent free in your brain and YOU MUST READ MY POSTS.

LOL

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.