Originally Posted by Alamosa
I do read some of your posts.
That was never a question.

I'm under no constraint to ignore something useless - although I can see how you would want that under the circumstances.

We've all sadly experienced the crap people drag out to shooting sites and seen the type of slobs that do it.

When elk become made of water maybe then there will be a place for this on an elk hunting forum.

I really don't care one way or another if you read them or not.

As to what people drag out to the ranges my biggest problem is what they don't pick up afterwards. We always leave the place cleaner than we found it.

While you may not find what I posted useful, others have. No, elk aren't made of just water (just mostly water) but that doesn't invalidate the test results. I never claimed the results would perfectly mimic what happens in an elk or any other animal. Nevertheless, I believe they are similar when it comes to expansion and fragmentation.

The test results were pretty conclusive - ALL of the lead core bullets sprayed lead. This happens in game animals as well as the lead not retained by the bullet has to go somewhere. Some people may see the results and decide maybe mono bullets are the way to go. I'm leaning more that direction every year.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.