Originally Posted by Alamosa

If I worked for the Clinton campaign then this is the stupid crap I would actually try to encourage from shooters.
There is nothing better than this type of juvenile foolishness to make elk hunters (and gun owners in general) all look like irresponsible idiots. Clearly you enjoy being regarded as such. You will have many other opportunities.

I actually have put in my time as range safety officer (at a different range). I tried to be vigilant and fulfill the duties. From that point of view the last thing I needed was extra worry about some a$$ clowns treating high powered rifles as toys and hauling junk from home downrange for their ‘tests’. Dictating behavior plays no part in it beyond trying to continue to provide a service to shooters.

You're not the only one that has put time in as a range officer. I've BTDT as well. And much as you'd like to group me in with "some a$$ clowns treating high powered rifles as toys", my family and friends and I treat the guns with the respect they deserve. Of course you wouldn't know that because you have ZERO experience observing our behavior.

Moreover your claims about what is and is not appropriate at my range doesn't fly either. My long time hunting partner and I had about 45 water jugs out and were in the process of shooting them when one of the club officers stopped by. We chatted for a while and his only concern was that people clean up afterwards. In fact we had already been cleaning up after every few shots, for which he complemented us.

For a know-it-all you know next to nothing.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.