one pretty relevant observation here, might be that tiny bits of lead, can and do, loose themselves from the remainder of the bullet (more so on common C&C bullets), and might very well end up in meat.

a shoulder shot is logically tougher on a bullet than water, and more likely to cause tiny lead fragments to come off the main projectile.

when we say "XXXX bullet had YYYY penetration and retained 65% of its original weight", that OTHER 35% went somewhere, yes?

Maybe CH's testing efforts highlight where some of that other 35% goes.

I've not had consistently stellar results with Barnes bullets (copper fouling, less than stellar accuracy, high source costs) but this does make me reconsider a bit.

As for wounded game commentary from the critics...... I cant cast any stones, having lost a couple deer due to poor shot placement.

I'm impressed that's never happened to BWalker, apparently. Good on you, sir. May you retain that trend.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell