Originally Posted by RJM
Friend came over today with his SAKO A7 .308. He has been practicing for a last minute elk hunt and had been practicing off a bipod...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When this happened a couple of days ago he called Beretta and spoke to a CS rep... The rep told him that "A7s were not made to shoot off a bipod". When my friend asked if that warning was in the owners manual the rep said "No, but we don't tell you to run over the stock with a car and you wouldn't do that either would you?".

[Linked Image]

My friend was so stunned by this answer he didn't say much except how could he get a replacement stock. Th rep then transferred him to...Brownells...

The rep from Brownells checked and a replacement stock would be $650...for a rifle he bought new for $725. But they had none...and was then told that they had been discontinued by the importer...Beretta.

So my friend has ordered a B&C replacement stock that should be here Thursday...

Needless to say my this will be my friend's last SAKO...

Bob

You do realise that your friend has applied an after-market device that is not warrantied nor allowed for in the design parameter of the original equipment manufacturer.

If you think this is anything like a warranty issue then you may suggest to your friend that he should take his nice new car for a spin across a lake, then see how quick the car manufacturer replaces his non-floating vehicle.

Short answer: suck it up princess and take responsibility for your stuff-ups.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.