As for bipods and stocks, I have some thoughts of my own. Had them last night but did not care to get into it this deeply. But, I am pretty coffeed up right now and have a trigger job to go do before I cut the lawn. Sooooo fuggit.

RJM stated above that he does no believe that all "plastic" stocks are created equal. Well that is the truth. You have some that are glass filled or reinforced and others that are just injection molded. The former being the better of the 2 and better for just about anything except shooting from a bipod. They don't flex like the IM ones do. The IM ones are less prone to breakage. However, less rigid for accurate shooting. I usually have pressure on forend tip with such stocks or full length bed. Especially with thin barrels, they are better this way than floated. Hope I needn't say more.

That said, shooting big boomers off a bench with a stud attached bipod or even worse yet, a monopod, is not a great idea. Really anything that kicks harder than a 243 IMO. I don't do it. Have seen the evidence why. I limit my bipods to field use in such cases. But for rifles that get shot a lot in field, I don't use stud attached bipods. Match rifles for prone shooting, not hunting rifles. I have yet to see a rail mounted bipod, that is glass bedded and screwed/threaded rip free from a stock. Something I cannot say of stud mounted bipods and monopods.

As someone stated, the sling stud really is for holding a sling. Just because bipods were invented later that mount to it, doesn't change this fact. If you want to shoot with a bipod off a bench, I suggest only shooting smaller cartridges, or using a bipod system that does not force the recoil onto the sling stud. There are plenty out there. I suggest not using a monopod ever. Unless you like prying sling studs from your stock and/or ganking up threads. Because eventually, you will do just that.

That said, a front rest and rear bag is usually best for most rifles. For smaller chambered ARs with aluminum forends, I use bipods off bench sometimes. But they are drilled and tapped into aluminum forends and don't kick much at all. And round forends don't sit in rests too well without canting.

JMO......