Dennis--- I am not defending Beretta in any way. Their CS is horrid. They should send the man a stock IMO, and certainly not charge $650 for one. What shocks me is that guys willingly buy guns from such a company. This is old news.

Many of the guys I know who shoot a ton or competitively will not use bipods that attach to studs. And even though a company may put in an extra stud for a bipod, doesn't mean there is no risk involved in using it. I have a $700 McMilllan that got the stud blown out from trying to use a monopd in a prone match. It seemed a lot easier than toting a rear bag around. I knew better, and it bit me in the a$$. I still have to glass it back in. It didn't take a chunk out of the stock, but the stud is not useable nonetheless. Truth is, I don't need it anyway. I don't need to send it in to fix it, but I would have a lot more confidence in McMillan taking care of me than Beretta, if I did.

Beretta products are not the only ones prone to such breakage. Have seen it on plenty of brands. However, the glass filled or reinforced stocks in question, may be the most susceptible IMO. Or at least the most susceptible to an actual blow out like the OP experienced.......