Originally Posted by 2muchgun
A Powerbelt is nothing but a pure lead conical. It is plated to make it load easier, and has a belt and tip added that in effect do nothing. But I imagine they look real advanced to those ignorant of the facts. I love it when they call them the most advanced muzzleloader bullet on the market. Nice marketing. There is a sucker born every minute they say,

Why would you want a bore sized projectile in a muzzleloader? So you can have less BC and less SD? The Powerbelt is the most over rated, over priced bullet out there. Marketed at the clueless, of course. Because they make no sense on any level to anyone who knows their a$$ from a hole in the ground. Nor should they.....

That's funny right there. Why would someone want a bore-sized conical you ask?

That's a tough one. Let me think on it. Oh yeah, state law.

Plated to make it load easier you say? Good one! As bigblock pointed out, they're less than bore-sized. I'm just guessing here, but I'm thinking that's what makes them load easier.

The skirt has no function you say? Again, just guessing but since the bullet is less than bore-sized, I'm thinking the skirt is what holds it in place down on the powder charge.

The reason I use 'em is, they're the most accurate bullet in my rifle. I think I've killed 10-12 elk with 'em, never failed me. I know three guys who post here who used 'em on elk this year, all one shot kills. Although some do have problems with 'em.

Yep, there's definitely some cluelessness going around.

A wise man is frequently humbled.