Originally Posted by Angus1895
In Idaho all that is legal is the pure lead beasts. No other than lead allowed in a projectile. Is there a better choice of granular powder? It has to go off using the #11;primers as that is all that is legal. Thanks. By the way I have similar opinions of the projectles. Thanks again for posting.

John, I know it's anathema to the in-line crowd around here and other "technology trumps time-proven" worshipers, but have you tried good old black powder? Your #11 caps will light it off just fine.

Being a patched round ball kind of guy, and a sometime devotee of Civil War era rifled muskets, I can't picture these projectiles of whence y'all speak. But from the sound of it aren't they merely a re-hash of the old Minie ball? What's new under the sun about that? Additionally, dig up some illustrations of the plethora of different projectiles used in rifles and carbines in the Civil War. You'll have your eyes opened at the number of weird designs tried out back then. I have said for years that those designers of "modern" ML projectiles got their ideas from the battlefields of 155 years ago.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty