Not on subject,but every PB I have pulled has had rifling engraved upon it,295 gr and 348 gr. The few I have recovered in the animal have had engraved rifling on it.

The Aerotipped seems to expand more than a hollow point,but if your remove the tip,you will see the hollow point under it is the exact size as one without.

This year,I was some what perplexed.I killed an elk with the 348 and it was expanded a little more than I wanted. No bone was hit except ribs. A week later killed a small whitetail with 295 Aerotip and it flattened completely and no bones were hit except ribs.Both were charged with BH209, 90 and 100 gr respectively. Probably need to go to 80 gr.

Previously , using another rifle that cannot use BH209,I was using black powder. The last elk I killed with it,I was using the 295 gr Aerotipped and it slugged all the way thru the elk, stopping under the hide on the far side.Hardly any appreciable expansion.That was with 100 gr of black powder.

Prior to those two rifles,I hunted with a TC Hawkin using Pyrodex, 777 or BP.The BP performed the best and didn't degrade from one year to the next.The bullet was the 370 gr Maxiball. It killed elk consistently with the great expansion.I even hollow pointed some
With these heavy bullets, and you cut a 50 cal hole thru and animal,you do not need much expansion and for sure SD doesn't mean much when shooting 100 yards or less.

AS for the CO regs saying you can use a scope if you have poor eyesight is not true. You must have an eye disease or injury and must have a certification from an optometrist or opthamalogist. Old eyes with failing vision doesn't cut it. .

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles