Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by Fischer
I'm pretty sure that everybody has owned or fired at least one 1911 variant. But I'm wondering, how many of you who are dismissive of the 4013 as a carry gun have actually handled or fired one???

no one is dismissive, there are just better choices currently.

Exactly.

Quite frankly the immediate NO-GO for me is that it is a .40. Having fired a substantial amount of various duty type semi auto handguns in 9mm, .40 and .45, I have noted that the .40 is almost always the least accurate of the 3, in similar platforms. That was definitely the case for 3rd gen Smiths.

Speaking of Smiths, the full size M&P .40 I was issued had to be the all time worst shooting handgun I have ever been issued. The 25 yard targets looked like Improved Cylinder patterns.

The Compact M&P .40 I was later issued was substantially more accurate than the full size version, but it was still a piss poor shooter as compared to similar sized 9mm handguns.

In fact one day while at the range I recall telling the mouth breathing retard that was in charge of the agency's firearms program that the M&P .40s were the single worst grouping handgun I had ever had the displeasure of being forced to carry.

The dumbphuck made a comment that perhaps it was the shooter. I then went to my gear bag, pulled out a Glock 19 and put 16 rounds from the 25 yard line into the head box of the qual target.

I pointed to the target and asked him to explain the fact that the Glock could shoot 3" groups at 25 yards, but the M&P .40 was shooting 12"-15" groups at the same distance.

He would not answer the question, and went to the other end of the line.

Of course this was the same blowhard who could barely qualify, had never been in a gunfight, yet felt compelled to teach everyone his own version of "gunfighter skills", which I swear must have been based off of watching action movies.

Back to better choices...

A CZ-75 SP01 would be a nice choice if a person is allergic to polymer from Austria.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com