I haven't been around much as of late. Been camping and fishing on the creek property for the last month. The Holston River has been good to me for the last 2 months except for a prop that was completely destroyed and a mean azz case of poison ivy/oak. I have had it on the back of my thighs and between my fingers for 4 weeks. I have bathed in clorox, Aveno oatmeal powder and Epsom salt, taken prednisone, basted myself with Ivy dry, calamine, caladryle, ivearest, hydrocortisone, and steroid cream. I first had it on my feet and ankles and it dried up but the patch on my legs, between my fingers, on my arms and a patch on my stomach won't give up. I wash in poison ivy soap after I have been out and I still end up with a new patch every week. The smallmouth fishing has been awesome so it's been worth it but damn if it isn't torture when you get to digging at it.

I put out some limb lines and run them at night and caught a bunch of cats between 5 and 10 pounds, flat heads and channels. I hadn't put out limb lines since I was in high school. The Grass has been worse this year than I have seen it in 20 years up there. The last 6 weeks have been so bad the only thing you can fish is a grass frog or horns toad or punch the grass mats with a heavy Texas rig.

Back to the prop, I'm always prepared, prepared to bum a pair of pliers from a farmer to straitened the prop out. I'm also always prepared, prepared to fish sleeveless all day because I forgot to replace the tp in my boat. Holy hell I have been having a blast. Can't get pics to post. If you want pics go to bushcraftusa.com and look at creekside homestead under the preparedness/homestead forum. Come and see me, we will camp, fish, eat and drink.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner