Originally Posted by seal_billy
Living the Dream like a weekend warrior. I'd give my right nut and a good portion of my left one to live up there.

I want to do it all off grid so idk exactly how I'm gonna do it. The well is 40 foot deep and the water is 17 foot deep, I don't know if a 12 volt system of some kind will work. Id like to do solar and led for lights, heat will be easy, a wood stove and a propane wall heater. Hot water and ac are the other concerns. I can't live without it, I'd give up hot water first.

I run a 12VDC transfer pump when I'm filling my 300gal tank sprayer from a larger tank. The transfer pump I'm using has a 36' lift, so it would at least move water out of your well.

Look into a large steel tank that you can build a fire under for hot water. When I was little, I remember living in a house that had a coal/charcoal fired water heater. Maybe 40 gal.? I know it had enough capacity to let all four of us have a bath and my Mom washed dishes.

There are also some well pumps that can be hand powered and electrically powered. I think Lehman's carries them; LINK .

Lehman's also has some nice propane lighting fixtures and a couple of propane ranges. Their catalog is better than the old Sears Christmas catalog to me. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell