Troy, I hunted just yesterday in poison oak. I carry a ziploc bag in my pocket full of Costco baby wipes. If my hands brush against something while I'm still hunting, I whip around and see what it was. If it was poison oak, I take a baby wipe and wipe my hands down. Of course pants and especially boots are covered with the oil, so when you sit down to glass with your forearms on your knees, wipe them off. When you tighten your boot laces, wipe your hands down. When you take a crap, nice to have wipes rather than paper if you know what I mean.

If its cool enough I wear a pair of Primos lightweight gloves that come high up my arms to keep the poison oak off my hands. Wash them when I get home. All my clothes go straight to the washer when I come through the door. Don't forget next time you lace up your boots to wash your hands afterwards.

I go to the hardware store and buy tall rubber gloves for dressing game because they live in poison oak. When I'm done, baby wipes everywhere. I don't make a backpack out of my deer to haul them out either!

If I end up with it, the only thing that gives relief is called (spelling) Gwe Hi balm. It's similar to a BenGay/Icy Hot type sensation, very strong. Do not get it in your eyes or on privates!!! Very hard to find but works. We are currently out with no luck replacing so I pretty much obsess about staying poison oak free. If I get poison oak in the future, I will be trying anything like icy hot to try to get some relief. You might check into it and see if it works.

I get it bad but if I carry and use the baby wipes while hunting, then straight to the washer and shower upon getting home, I have no poison oak ever.

You simply can't ignore it and expect to stay free of it, you must deliberately manage it, but you can successfully.

Last edited by Fireball2; 10/22/16.

LOL