Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by walt501
The engine ran fine, you changed the plugs and now it doesn't run. So everything plug related would be the first place I'd look. I've actually see this before where the clips inside the plug boot are so loose that they fail to make good contact with the spark plug. Grab a plug boot on a plug and wiggle it around. Does it feel tight? Can you feel a looseness of the clip inside the boot in relation to the plug? Time for new plug wires. Also, in handling your spark plug wires you may have increased the ohms resistance of the wire. Check with a volt/ohm meter (cheap to buy) and see if this isn't your problem. Here's how to check them - Click Here

Thanks Walt.

But no, that ain't it. I changed the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor about ten days before it died, and drove it every day in between.

My issues all began with a faulty battery connection, and continued after I repaired the battery cable.

The battery is located next to the air hose that goes into the throttle body (on my 92 toyota). On my truck, that rubber? connecting piece is coming apart and the clamp will not hold it on the throttle body very well. If it slips off, the truck will try to crank, but wont. Put the hose back on the throttle body and it cranks. The hose, about 2.5" in diameter, doesnt have to be completely removed. It can look like its on, but its not, and that is enough to cause it not to crank.

Is there any chance that you bumped this connection and a rotten/deteriorated hose broke loose from the throttle body?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21