Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Oh yes, he also put on a new coil.

My SIL has a fleet of more than twenty old diesel trucks and pickups. SIL has been averaging about $5,OOO per month in business over the last couple years with this guy, and he has given pretty good sevice on diesels from 6 liter Cummins, up to big Cat engines.

But he was out of his depth with this Toyota.

If ya wanna get this squared away, if they have a local comm college with an automotive program.. I'd run it over there...

the instructors love stuff like that to assign the senior students on.... our local college ( when they do charge) is $25 for the visit...and parts... no hourly charges etc..

I've seen plenty of cars come in there for solutions after the owners have been raped by some local shop or two... the problem is found and fixed pretty cheaply...

The auto program doesn't sabotage stuff like local shops have a habit of doing around here... they put a warranty on their work and if you have to bring it back it is at no charge...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez