Originally Posted by 1Nut
Originally Posted by DELGUE
Originally Posted by 1Nut
Originally Posted by RRemus
How come so many people don't use 7mags anymore??

They are now made in lighter guns and not such a beast to carry.
Nothing new is really lights out better?
Tremendous bullet and powder choices.
Lots of brass available.

Are people just looking for something different??

Because the 270 Win does almost everything a 7mag will. whistle

That's fine, but I don't want to almost get my deer/elk/whatever anymore than I want to almost get paid or almost be cured of cancer. I have a 270 and .30-06's, but I don't think I wish to be without at least 1 7 RM. smile

Besides, I define popularity by whether I like something or not. I couldn't care less whether other folk like it or not.

Some of you guys seem to miss my tongue-in-cheek chit. Fact is, a 270 Win will do anything a 7mag will out to ~500 yards, given similar bullets. Beyond that, the 7mag walks away and makes hits easier. But 20% more really is about all you get. Few need it, and and fewer can use it. And I've yet to take a deer with a 7mag that could not have been taken with a .270, and I've killed more than most. Maybe some day I will 'almost' kill a deer, and watch him walk away, wishing I was prone with a 7mag. Hasn't happened yet.

Unless it's 600+ yards and elk-sized or bigger, I'll tote a 6.5 140 grain load.

Deluge, your definition of popular is not popular. I like the 358 Win, but by definition, it is not a popular cartridge.

Dammit...made me get all serious and stuff.

Huh?? My definition of popular is popular with me. grin And I use 17 Remingtons, a 6mm Remington, and a 444, so I'm hardly using the most popular stuff out there.

Relax. The 270 earned it's popularity literally decades ago. I just got my very first one this month. And actually I'm pretty excited about it! There's a lot of jokin' on this board about the 270, and it's all in good fun.

Where's Big Stick/Boxer...I'm sure he would point out that the 223AI will do anything the 7 RM/30-06/270/243 can do...and do it better! wink

Last edited by DELGUE; 10/28/16.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~