I have had at least a half dozen 7RM rifles. Never killed anything other than paper and white rocks. Understand, this was from the days when 7 mags tended to weigh 1 1/2 to 2 pounds more than a comparable .270 or .30-06. I was not willing to pack the extra weight for the slight ballistic advantage.

Back in my gun of the week days, I did score a 7 Wby out of the South Gate place built on an FN action that was light enough to use. With a full 6/10" freebore, one could seat the 160s long and make it hummmmm. I kept that one and hunted with it for a season, and it is one that I regret selling, even though I dislike the Weatherby stock design. High tech synthetics were just coming into their own at the time, so that could have been solved.

As I have grown older, light is better and I find that my most used rifles are .308, .243, and .223. Modern bullets such as NP, bonded and mono metal have put the smaller calibers on steroids. I haven't hunted with any of my .270 or .30-06 rifles in many years. I have sold all of my belted magnum rifles. A 7 was the last to go, some four or five years ago.

Best wishes,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero