Yep, each to his/her own experience. My son has the Zeiss Victory 1.5-6x2mm on his 375 Ruger and loves it. I have a few of these on other medium bore calibers and shall be mounting one on a 375 Ruger also.

I have had several different scopes in the past on various 375s and 416s. These have included 2.5 Compact, old type 3x, 1-4, 1.5-5, and straight 4x Leupolds; 1.75-6 & 2-8 Pentax LightSeekers, 2-8 Burris Pos-Lock. I never had an issue with any.

I have also used the 1.5-6x42mm Kahles on a 416 Ruger, still actually on it. But, will soon be replacing with a Zeiss HT 1.1-4x24 with a #54 illuminated reticle which is currently on a 375 Ruger. Another 375 has a 1.1-4x24 Kahles, my wife's AR-15 and Kimber Montana 7mm-08 have the same scope.

I like straight tubed 30mm scopes with 24mm objectives. I have 1.1-4s (2nd Focal Plane illuminated and 1st Focal Plane non-illuminated) & 1-6s illuminated & not. These are Kahles, Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender, Swarvoski and Meopta scopes which I consider very good glass & coatings, and to me are very useful on sub-375 calibers also.

But, the 42mm objectives without a doubt hold an advantage to my eye when it is getting dark in a timbered valley.
I also can see under certain circumstances where the illumination could be an asset.
And I say this as a moose hunter not a cat hunter.

Hunting circumstances can definitely differ.

Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by ldmay375
That Zeiss with FFP #4 is one of my favorite scopes, and not only for 375s.

Large scopes, reportedly, have more mass, thus more stuff to shake loose with big boomers. The .375 H&H isn't that big a boomer and these Victory scopes seem to hold together pretty well.

The straight tube Leupolds are pretty tough, the 1.5-5x20 is a classic for this application.

The 42mm objective plus alpha glass quality gives the Victory a leg up on dim light shooting, like big cats over bait.

DF