Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The 7-08 is the absolute perfect cartridge for deer. ......

In the wake of easily duplicated ballistics from many other offerings, these statements of perfection above all others, are amusing and not to be taken seriously. smile

The 7/08 is nothing more than a picket in a fence of cartridge performance. That's all.

Nevertheless, it is dead solid perfect in the middle of that picket fence regardless of what any snarky Yankee might say about it.

Bet I was using a 7/08 before you were in diapers......I know I was using one before you developed an IQ......

So where precisely does it sit in the lineup? Would that be the lineup of SA standard cartridges, short fat belted cartridge, standard cartridges? belted small bore magnum cartridges?

What would be to the right and left of it in that picket fence?

What a joke. You guys sure do get all wound up over brass bottles that hold powder don't you? grin

Like I said....people get delusional. And emotional LOL!

Especially [bleep] from the South.Would that be Tex- ass? Huh?

Notice how you immediately attacked me personally because i think your favorite cartridge is absolutely nothing to get excited about? That burns your ass because you know Im right doesn't it?

I suspect you don't have enough experience with anything to comment.... but if you do suppose you tell us the difference between the 7/08 and the 280, 284, 270, 7x57. 6.5x55,6.5 Creed, 7 Rem Mag and a few others in terms of ow they kill animals?

C'mon ....tell me? I'm all ears.

You can't and you know it. What a joke.

You're the one who basically calls someone a dumbass for merely expressing an opinion. And my opinion, which is undoubtedly more worthwhile than any you might express on practically any subject is that as a balance of performance, recoil, action length, and typical rifle weight and length, the 7-08 is damned near perfect. That doesn't mean that any there aren't lots of others that work really well, or even better, one being perfect doesn't mean another isn't either. For instance, just because Larry Bird was great, doesn't mean that MJ was not great too.

So take your snarky Yankee ass and STFU.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/19/16.