Originally Posted by JoeBob
I already told you, asshat. It is a great balance of performance, recoil, typical rifle weight and length. The 7mm magnum and the 280 to a lesser extent are overbore. The magnum typically a 24 inch barrel and traditionally has been chambered in rifles that weigh 9 pounds or so all up. The 7mm-08 gets its maximum performance out short action rifles and shorter barrels making a nice easy carrying rig.

Now, you know all that. You just want to pedantically pick a fight over insignificant details and point out that cartridges with bigger cases with more powder will outperform it. Yes, they will in larger and heavier rifles.

The 7-08 is the modern version of the 7x57. And anyone who doesn't think the 7x57 is pure sex is obviously a queer.

Overbore? You are brainwashed, stupid, or both. Tell me about "overbore"?

I don't think the 7x57 is "pure sex"...and I'm not queer.

I think your brain is addled by a lot of bull [bleep] about short actions and light rifles. They may be perfect for you because you have short arms or something but I am not impressed, even after 3-4 Kimber Montanas.

You wouldn't know "overbore" if it slapped you in the face.

Tell me where you chase deer and how many of these 7mm cartridges you've hunted and killed with.

You STILL didn't answer the question. I don't care about your sophomoric notions about short actions, rifle weight, fps per grain of powder expended and all that other rot.Tell me...one more time!.....what the [bleep] cartridge does that a 280, 284, 7x57 etc etc...does not do when it comes to killing animals????

Tell me all about that "perfect center"in how it kills? The other stuff is gut rot and BS but you'd fall for it in a minute.

LMAO you can't read either.... This is your last chance...Im tired of wrestling with an idiot.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.