Originally Posted by Brad
Guys, what's a finished Brown Pounder weigh? (w/ paint, 1" pad).

IIRC the Standard Fiberglass Brown's weigh in around 24-25 oz's finished?

Thinking of one for my M70 300 WSM... Really don't like McMillan's M70 Stocks (other than the Legend), so it's either Brown or Bansner.

Thx.

Brad;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the new year has been treating you and yours well thus far and you're keeping warm enough in this latest cold snap.

I am cognizant you're inquiring about a Brown stock and merely mention this option because - well it's an option other than McMillan, Brown or Bansner.

Stuart up at Wildcat Composites out of Sherwood Park, AB - near Edmonton - will make a stock blank for considerably less than the dollar figures being tossed about.

Added to that you folks south of the medicine line will get a near 30% discount because of exchange rates being what they are.

Please note this is a blank here being weighed - no recoil pad, finish or bedding - but sling swivels are installed.

[Linked Image]

He runs a carbon fiber I-beam up the center of the stock and does poured in pillars so they are very, very stiff for as light as they are.

Anyway another thought on the subject and nothing more Brad. Good luck with your rifle whichever way you decide and all the best to you all in 2017.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"