Originally Posted by Starman
Weight can vary in Brown Prec. stock production runs (in the same model stock).
When I purchased mine , Mr Brown offered me an unfinished glass stock from his inventory
that was closer to 1.25 lb rather than the regular 1.5lb

Brown price list states that Pounder blanks can range from 15-17 oz.

Mr. Brown personally talked me out of Kevlar, because of the higher difficulty involved in finishing a Kevlar stock
for the DIY gunsmith. He said I might be more than happy with glass at 1.25lb and an easier finishing job,though
I did opt for the carbon addition option in the forend, for stiffness.

Yes .......Mark Brown (or was it Chet?) tried to talk me out of a PoundR but I didn't listen then and wouldn't listen now. The PoundR is distinctly different from anything else he makes. I spec'd the rifle above for a buddy and Brow said the same thing to him.....I said ignore what he said and get the PoundR........ grin I knew I was going to buy the rifle and finish it up.

He is not so much talking you out of it as explaining in advance that the weight difference is only 4-5 ounces,so probably don't want to listen to whining customers who paid so much extra for only 5 ounces of weight savings. People complain about everything. You gotta read between the lines.

It would be inaccurate to assume he doesn't like a product he sells. It is superior in every way to his FB models

The stock is also much stiffer than any fiberglass stock he sells....owned them all in everything from 257 Roberts,5-6 270's, 7 mags,300 mags 338, 375.....you name it.The stocks can vary in weight but it isn't anything to get excited over.

You can also add graphite and kevlar to certain areas of a Brown FG stock to stiffen and strengthen it.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.