Originally Posted by RickF
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Rick they are a slam dunk and I don't understand anyone building a 270/280/7x57 with synthetic stock can pick anything else,,,,,I can't,despite the additional cost which might have some sticker shock but goes away over time. wink

Absolutely Bob. As we have discussed before if you're building a rifle because you are bored and you expect to flip it next year? Not worth the hassle or the expense. But if you're building a rifle (like the 280 in my pic?) to have a rifle and to use it? For a lightweight model 70 there is nothing else that is close.

Dwayne showed the Wildcats stock from Alberta. We tend to forget about those. Phenomenal quality. My only critique with the Wildcats is they are all, to the best of my knowledge, copies of factory stocks. I think the only stock he builds for a lightweight model 70 is the model 70 featherweight with schnabel foreend tip. So his stock shapes don't keep up with some of the others. But they are very light and stiff.

Rick if you belong to the "Build A Month Club", and chase the next hot cartridge as soon as it hits the Internet, the Pound'R may not be for you....... smile

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/05/17.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.