My answers may not count for much.;

The thought of a wall tent on a fly in hunt isn't even in the ballpark.

1. Tipi, floorless with small wood stove.

2. sleeping bag, depends how you sleep, but down for that hunt, 20 degrees colder than I expect it to be. But I don't like hunting early caribou.. I like late fall.

3. Pack is fine. Its one hunt. You are used to it. Hauled half a bou bull once in a bass pro cheap pack... about 5 miles...

4. Water, find it and filter it.
Food, MRES are HEAVY.. we carry a parted out one, in the backpack for emergency, thats it, and often not that, often a pocket rocket and oatmeal and tea bags. And a cliff bar.
Food- freeze dry all the way with a few extravagants like cheese, salami or such and some choc bars. Stove for tent, TI Jet Boil all the way.

5.Sticks. We carry walking sticks, none of that other fancy stuff, IE Weight and if you know how to use a stick you don't need the other stuff. Lots of times we don't even carry the AL or carbon hiking ones but one of us carries a leatherman and just cuts off a dead stick... drop it or loose it or forget it, no biggy, and its not nearly as noisy as AL bumping things..

6. Hiking boots like Hanwags and gaiters are one way. Extra tuffs or mucks or whatever is the other route. Just depends on how wet its going to be where you are going and how much hill climbing you will do. Wife likes danner pronghorns but they are a one season boot and then fall apart but fit her right and are light. Hiking boots will leak no matter. Plenty of liner and thermal socks to dry and swap.

7. Depends on what the time of year forecast is... for heavy rainy HH rubber is about the only way. We run Impertech currently and its been fine but would not want to go through heavy brush with it. No way I'd run goretex type stuff, it gets heavy, soaked and will eventually wet through and its just not worth specifically having it. For us. Have taken a light sylnylon tarp a couple of times for sitting in the rain and about to start taking that ALL the time.
In the meantime have taken to a cagoule from wiggys XXL since it covers my backpack too if we have travel in the rain. But for sitting a tarp is the cats azz.

8. Good to go. Havalon piranta for us. Small saw or axe for firewood. Take an extra regular knife along for joint work and just simply dejoint everything except the skull cap... if taking the head, its just dejoint...

Good luck have fun, have a way to communicate out for emergencies.. SPOT if nothing else, or rent a sat phone. Go slow, be careful of what you do, espeically with guns and knives. Enjoy being in AK. Let the rest work itself out.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....