Originally Posted by KC
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Just looked at their website and was caught off guard at what they charge now for a drop-off bou hunt. $2200? Wow.

bearstalker:

I paid $2,450/person for the bush plane last September. So $2,200/person is about the going rate.

40 Mile Air has a stellar reputation. The problem is finding an opening to get on their list. They are usually booked with return clients. They might already be full for 2017 and maybe taking bookings for 2018? I guess that says something about them.

KC

KC-
They are full for 2017. In fact, they were already full by the time I called; we were first on their waiting list for Caribou. For new customers, like we were, they do all their booking on one day in December, for their next years hunts (so 2018 is not booked until December of this year). When I finally got through when calling on their booking day, it took me 11 minutes after they opened to get though, and by then all the Caribou hunts for new clients were full, so your observation that it says something about their business must be spot-on.
Northerner