Originally Posted by 4winds
Originally Posted by deflave
I don't really understand the question.

Leupold pretty much owns the market in mainstream fixed power hunting scopes and I feel the glass and coatings have improved right along with everything else.

Scopes like the SWFA can only go so far in advancements before they become cost prohibitive to the market they are aimed at.

March makes fixed 40 and 50 powers...

Dave

I agree Leupold has the market cornered, but when was the last time there was any updates to any of the fixed scopes in their line? I've had mostly Leupy fixed scopes and know they work just fine (except for the tracking issues according to some on the campfire).

6x36 could be made to the same standards as the 6x42, perhaps both get the HD treatment or M1 turrets as a standard or a big step up like the vx6 vs. vx3 in comparison or some other improvement (IDK what that is as I look through them and don't build them)?

If SWFA could add lighter weight, illuminated reticle, hd glass etc., it would be an excellent addition to the 6x42 super chicken.

Hell, the 4x gets no love from anyone, does anyone other than Leupold even make one anymore?

I started with the 3-9x40 but quickly abandoned the variables once my first 4x showed up. For simplicity, ruggedness, brightness in most realistic hunting situations I don't believe the variables offer any real advantage to a good 4x or 6x. Variable scopes are constantly upgraded, improved, newer, and so on. The fixed scope, not so...

I can't believe there isn't a market for them when SWFA sells out of the 6x and 10x every Black Friday despite the savings. Maybe we don't bich enough to get a fire under the manufacturer's feet to get them to offer any improved features???

SWFA's sell out because of their reputation for tracking. That has nothing to do with better glass or coatings. Glass and coatings are where the "advances" come from.

And you have to wonder how much "better" the glass and coatings can get on a straight 6X before we're just throwing money down the drain.

If you want an UBER advanced fixed 4X'ish, try this.

http://nightforceoptics.com/competition/4.5x24

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house