Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
The "Old School" train of thought was that in "games" it's quicker to use the slide release after ramming home a mag. In the "street" scenario, it was felt the "tacky-psyche" effect of the nervous system in a life-or-death situation, would make fine motor skills difficult. So, it was taught that the support hand should slingshot the slide, but using the majority of the hand and not just the thumb and forefinger. Those of use who played the games and also worked the streets, tended to use the slingshot method exclusively to avoid mental confusion in the event a real life scenario played out.

Under the stress of being shot at, I have never lost the fine motor skills that so many talk about. When I read such stuff, the first thing that comes to mind, is people who are poorly trained, and not handling stress well.

If you actually have to think about something as simple as a basic reload, then you have not been training hard enough or frequently enough.

Reloads should be at the level of unconscious competence.

As far as I am concerned "Tachypsychia effect" is an indicator of the poorly trained, or people who are in the wrong line of work.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com