I would like to preface my response by stating I don't give two flying fugks what method anybody uses. I've seen many shooters utilize both techniques quickly and effectively.

However...

Shooting IS a fine motor skill. You can't eliminate fine motor skill and still shoot effectively. It is unnatural to view a front sight when you're trying to throw a ball. It's not natural to allow something to impact your body without flinching. It's not natural to squeeze a trigger without interrupting your sight picture. I say this a again. Shooting is a fine motor skill.

The notion of using the slingshot has always been a head scratcher for me. What is the intent of the slide release? Decoration? Or to release the slide? If you don't have the dexterity to hit the slide release with your thumb, you don't have the dexterity to thumb your own ass. Meaning, you're an idiot so please remove yourself from the firing line.

Do we "slingshot" the carrying handle on an AR during reloads and speed drills?? No. We hit the fugjking bolt release. What is the difference? Nothing.

And to answer more than honestly, I rarely have to use the slide release because when I re-charge a pistol from slide lock, the slide invariably goes home. The only exception I can think of would be some 1911's, but I consider those to be a modern day POS so never gave it much consideration.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house