Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I expect my XDS and my Glock to reliably go bang when I pull the trigger. It won't be a long range, it won't be to punch paper for points. Self defense in a time of crisis does not need a target type good trigger. It needs a trigger that works. Every time. That is the first consideration.

How many times have you experienced "self defense in a time of crises" to know what you next "time of crises" will be?

The world has changed. You are realistically as likely to be in the middle of an active shooter, singleton or multiple person terrorist attack, or violent mob attack as you are a "typical" mugging.

There are no "average" fights. People that say they are ready for the "average fight" are really just ready to fail in the fight that they will face.

The reality is-

I do not know when my next fight will be- I must assume it will be today.

I do not how good my adversary will be or how many- I must assume that they are excellently trained and that there will be many.

I do not know what my condition will be- I must assume it will be the worst day of my life and that I will be wounded.

I do not know what shooting task I will face- I must assume it will be a small target, surrounded by innocent people, at long range.

Last edited by Formidilosus; 02/10/17.