Originally Posted by leomort
liliysdad, if I decided polymer striker fired I think I would definitely look at used or police trade-ins.

The_Real_Hawkeye, I think my GP-100 is too big & bulky for CCW. While the smaller SP-101 may help with concealment, I loose another round. So the bulk & size of my revolver combined with only 6 shoots makes my 1911 with 8+1 look like high capacity with 50% more rounds.

Also I've shoot revolvers enough to know that revolvers are not necessarily more reliable. Revolvers are more tolerant of neglect than semi auto but are revolver are NOT tolerate of abuse as much. So when a revolver goes down, it goes down big time! A semi auto is a quick tap, rack, pull the trigger to get them back in order.

What I like about revolvers are that they are relatively intuitive to new/inexperience shooters. Don't have to worry about whether this type or that bullet shape will function in a revolver. I don't have to worry whether this powder puff loads I've load for newbie will cycle/function in my semi. Likewise I don't have to worry about full power loads battery my pistol and need to change out springs. Don't have to worry about whether they have hand strength to rack the slide or about decocking DA/SA, etc. Added bonus is that I get 100% of my brass back to reload wink

Bighorn, I will look into the M&P pro series. Thank for the tip. It's hard to beat a 1911 trigger. It is both a blessing and curse at same time.

Leo

PS. In edition to cheap cost of 9mm to shoot, it also help my logistic to stock only small pistol primers instead of large & small pistol primers.

Leo!

I am not a fan of the 1911 but if I were in your shoes I'd be looking at one of these and tripping the one you have.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/products/sr1911/specSheets/6722.html

If you're anti-double stack but want to try a polymer, striker fired gun I'd get a Shield in 9mm and not look back.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house