Originally Posted by WvZ
I have a 6.5/284 in a NULA rifle with 24-inch barrel. It's accurate, well balanced and as lightweight as I want it. The magazine is long enough for generous seating of all hunting bullets I can think of and all but freakishly long match bullets. A good idea when ordering any 6.5/284: specify chamber dimensions or send a case or cartridge to ensure the rifle chambers and performs well with the ammunition you have in mind. Several versions of the 6.5/284 have shown up since the .284 appeared in 1963. Differences are small but can be significant.... WvZ

Originally Posted by RBO
I am considering the 6.5x284, but like I said I've never had any expirience with it and when I started researching I found most guys were saying a 3" mag box was too short. As a matter of fact, my first call to Melvin on this rifle I was thinking it was going to be a 6.5x284, but then after further research I started thinking 7-08. So I figured I'd post on hear and hear from the guys who actually have, or have had a Nula in one or more of these chambering.

Is yours a model 20?