Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I guess I do't really understand trying to make a NULA be something it isn't designed to be. Personally I would want a NULA to be a very light well balanced rifle for short to medium range hunting. If I needed a long range gun I would build one based on a different set of requirements.

I guess you'd have to understand the terrain I hunt and the animals that roam it.

I hunt the southern edge of the northern boreal forest, where the prairie plains, foothills, and boreal forest meet. Ungulates consist of whitetail and mule deer, elk and moose with the odd wild boar running about, and predators are coyotes, wolves, cougars, black bear, and grizzlies to name a few of the big ones.

I've made shots out to 700+yds with a Kimber Montana so I don't think wanting to do it with a Nula is unreasonable. I don't purposely go out to see if I can shoot something at 600yds, but sometimes that's the shot I'm presented with. I'm not a bench rest shooter for anything other than load development and sighting in. So other than big game hunting, the majority of my shooting is at coyotes, and some of those shots stretch out on on the prairies. I like packing a rifle when I'm out touring around the trails and while I'm shed hunting in the spring with my family and the bears are hungry.

I can't afford a rifle for every occasion so I like them to be as versatile as possible, specially if they cost over $2000.