For the contour cited,the Hunter wearing DBM is a nice way to fly,without any bullschit.

[Linked Image]

Barrel was chopped to 21" and it's superb in Kreedmire. I'd not want a 6BR any longer than that. Top of frame. #4 Hart in a Classic wearing DBM below it,at 24" in 260AI 1-8".

[Linked Image]

COAL won't be an issue,but reliable Feed/Function will,if you don't go DBM and Primal an AICS mag. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Mike's approach ain't horrid,but I'd rather shim the nose,so as to retain good ride height of loaded rounds in relation to the bolt's nose. My 20" 8" Bart' 6BR Montucky,is fed in sucha manner and is flawless with the nose shimmed...but had issues with the stern shimmed instead.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very easy to essentially create a funnel,to guide things into battery,even ala CRF. 700's are more forgiving.

18" 1-8" Hawk Seven based 6BR fed ala DBM with AICS poly 10's.

[Linked Image]

A 21" #3 1-8" or faster 6BR in a Classic wearing DBM and 5rd Primal guts,would make for an exceptional parcel................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."