Thanks for all the opinions and input. As gmoat suggested I stopped by Liberty Firearms Academy last night on the way home.I drive by that exit off I-25 every day and didn't know the place was there.....opened last July. Great looking place that I will check into further. Anyone in Northern Colorado that hasn't checked it out should.

I handled the Spfld XDS and XDM, Ruger LC9s, Glock 43, Walther PPS M2, S&W MP Shield and the Kahr CW9. Tough choices! The Ruger didn't fit my hand, didn't necessarily like the grip safety on the Spfld....but would appreciate thoughts on the safety because otherwise it fit my hand well.I like the size of the Glock 43 and I currently shoot a Glock 27 quite a bit. The MP Shield fit well as did the Kahr CW9. I also really like the feel of the Walther PPS M2. Liked the trigger pull on the Walther, Kahr and Shield the best.

Someone asked about budget and features. I want to stay under $600 and all of these met that criteria. I want single stack and something that my wife may want to carry sometimes as well. She currently carries a Ruger LCR because she hasn't been a fan of my autos, but that is changing the more she shoots. So I want a good trigger for her and ease for her to pull the slide. If she is happy with it, then I can buy another:)