Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics
It will be more than enough.

Last May I took a Kudu, Gemsbok, Warthog, Zebra, Blesbok, and Impala with a 300 Win shooting 180 gr, partitions. All dropped in their hooves, (actually, the warthog ran about 75 yards in a circle back to where he was shot. tough little piggy)

The only thing you want to take care of is that soft tip of a partition as you will load and unload your rifle 2-3 times a day. This can possibly damage the tip and that may cause you issues if you have a longer range shot planned, especially important if you plan to stalk Kudu.

I've often wondered about this. Last year I did a little test with my 350 Rem mag and 225gr partitions. I shot several groups out to 250 yards. Some bullets I filed the tips off flat with the jacket, some at a 45 degree angle, both to the left and right, and some I took a hammer and tapped the lead tip to "mushroom" it out a bit. To my surprise it made absolutely no difference in group size or drop. Granted, 250 yards isn't that far, but it's what I had to work with. At farther distances it may come into play, or possibly with higher velocity it migh make more of a difference(muzzle velocity with the 225 NP is 2675 out of my 350RM)

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.