Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics
especially important if you plan to stalk Kudu.

Originally Posted by JJHACK

As far as being worried about shooting a Kudu at long range? Kudu live in the thickest bush available.

You'll need to forgive me, this was my attempt at humor/sarcasm, albeit unsuccessful. I was in brick-throwing distance of each Kudu at the time of the shot. I should have put a emoticon at the end of the sentence...

On the topic of deformed tips however, I have heard and read reviews from both sides. I've just always subscribed to avoid a potential issue if there is a possibility of a problem (Murphy's law). At standard ranges, its agreed very little effect, if any, happens. I would like to test longer ranges, and as I mentioned at these ranges, where you may see issues. Gives me a fun experiment for a day. I would say starting at 300 yards going out to 600 yards. While not very common in Africa, a common Pronghorn distance here is the US.

A little off topic, but would be fun to maybe do a side by side test of two distant weighted partitions. Also, to see the degree of damage/deformation, if any, needed to change POI substantially

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!