This issue with Partitions has been well documented, damage the base and they fly all over, damage the tip and it's virtually meaningless. As a PH I have used the partitions during my career and have loaded and unloaded them from the magazine several times a day for months of hunting every day. The tips on some were completely missing and others were so bad it was like a cartoon shaped bullet! It never mattered one bit.

As far as being worried about shooting a Kudu at long range? Kudu live in the thickest bush available. I can count on one hand the kudu's we have shot over 200 yards in over 25 years of doing this. Maybe if you're hunting them in the open country of the eastern Cape. There are no natural greater Kudu in this area though, all have been introduced or stocked by game farms. Maybe some areas of Namibia. But certainly not the natural habitat they live in over most of their range

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)