No African experience at all - but I shot a largish boar with a 338-06 and 210-grain partitions. I mention it here because I was shooting Weatherby factory ammo and about 10 rounds (out of 2 boxes) had the lead tip completely broken off and they were laying loose in the box. I understand Norma loads ammo for Weatherby and have long experience with their excellent quality ammo, so the issue probably lay with handling during shipping. While I did not test the rounds on paper, I've used them on game and I experienced no problem.

On the issue of muzzle breaks, several minutes after I shot my hog, my friend tagged an eating sized sow with his 6mm Remington. It was sporting a muzzle break (why brake a 6mm Remington is an issue for another post) and everyone in our party was DEAFENED by the report. Never want to experience that again. Handing out ear protection to the PH and staff in the middle of a stalk may not be a practical plan. Can the brake be removed for hunting to save those around you from bleeding ears?

Last edited by kevinh1157; 03/28/17.

Kevin Haile