Originally Posted by bapple
Hi all am an old pre 64 model 70 guy. Shot a pre 64 ftwt 270 for 37 years. had a lot of fun with it. Last year had a old pre 64 ftwt 30/06 rebored to a 338/06. Oreggun smithing did the work had a Pendleton composite stock installed shoots great dime, size groups with 210 NP at 100 yards 2600 fps VX III 2.5x8 scope SK rings and mounts cerakoted about 7.5 loaded. I never have bought a real nice pre 64 because I would probly never use it. Have several reworked ones though but I do like to see them and look at them they are as nice looking a rifle as there is . BSA is on track I will never give up on my old 270 all the way we are old friends.
P S shot 250 lbs bear with it last year 150 yards pass though broke both front shoulders went less than one body length hits hard.

Welcome to the fire bapple. You will like the Winchester collectors forum here... I look forward to hearing more of what you have to say regarding pre 64 model 70 rifles. They are damn hard to beat my friend.. Regards...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA