LOL

Spanky, you might have been ok, but.....

You were an embarrassment to us grape farmers,glad you are moving on to other opportunities.

You can't make much juice, then turn it into wine, on 5 acres. Do you have your own crushers and fermentation system, barrels? Oh, you haven't produced a crop yet, but have sold wine since day 1? Yea bare ground March 8, 2013, I doubt you picked any grapes on 3 YO vines, and if you did, you stressed the vines and produced crap wine. I have been growing grapes for 45 years, several replantings of sections of our land, so I know in California where grapes grow faster than your Apple valley, you are telling little white lies if you say you made good wine from last years berries, not fruit.

We average 110 tons per year, sell to Gallo to be sold as Turning Leaf Chardonnay. I suspect your tonnage is measured by the empty cardboard boxes when you transfer the wine into your spiffy soda jerk dispensers. We are probably going to replant the full vineyard next spring, probably with Malbec, and in 4 years meet our current production tonnage, and for more $ per ton, and the 5th year possibly double our current income from the farm that started in our family in 1903 as Tokay grapes and Carrigans.

Gotta go sulfur tomorrow if the wind allows. Were you really using Q tips to pollinate your fruit? That Gal sure looks and talks like a holdover from SFO.

Boy howdy, you sure are special.

I looked at your winemaking equipment. Pretty cool, I have seen that size of crushers, stemmers, etc for the home hobbiest. With several varietals of grapes, do you have enough of each to fill a 55 gallon wine barrel? I didn't see any stainless tanks for your white grapes. Are you sure they aren't stolen images, lol.

But I do see you are smart, build it and sell it before the vineyard actually requires much work.The only problem is, but it seems you found your Huckleberry, most business purchasers require some previous years income before buying one. Maybe they will continue the reselling of boxed wine?

Last edited by hemiallen; 04/23/17.