I've had a heads-up Scott was about to post pics and previously saw a couple of the above. It certainly is a special rifle and one I hope to use successfully this coming year. Can't make any guarantees since it looks like I will be hunting new grounds this year. But Lord willing we will give it our best go. Knowing how much Bob was respected here and at home, perhaps just having the opportunity to hunt with it is blessing enough for now.

As an aside, I have had the opportunity to talk with Nathan a couple times in the last month. He obviously builds a great rifle, but even more, he is highly dedicated and enthusiastic with regard his craft. It comes thru in talking with him. The guy overflows with enthusiasm and takes extreme pride in the rifles he makes. If any are thinking of a future build-dumb question hey-I doubt if you would not be pleased with the final product and working thru the build with him. I get the impression if he isn't completely satisfied, then HBR will not go on the rifle until he is.

All that is left is to have the FFL sent to him on Friday and then wait a few more days. Not sure I will be able to tuck them in as tight as him, but I think the rifle will still shine.

Last edited by battue; 08/02/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler