Originally Posted by SKane
Alright, this update has been a long time in coming and your patience regarding this endeavor is much appreciated.

The rifle is completed and will soon be on its way to battue!
The results with 130 Partitions and R26 (see test targets) would surely have put a smile on Bob’s face. (and it will battue’s face as well grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks to all of you that took part in raising $6450 that has been donated in Bob’s name to the charities listed in the below message from his family.

And special thanks to the following for their astounding generosity on the components in the rifle build, and, of course, Nathan Chesney for putting it all together.

Ken @ Brux Barrels – barrel donation

Mark Bansner – stock donation

Cliff/whitebird – pre 64 M70 action and Blackburn bottom metal donation

Doug @ Cameraland – significant discount on scope

Nathan Chesney - Hillbilly Custom Rifles – complete rifle build and load development

Message from Bob’s family:

Thank you for this amazing tribute to Bob, but most of all than you for your friendship. This past year was exceeding difficult. However, each of you helped make it easier for Bob. You were always there to help him focus on the things he loved rather than the daily struggle to fight cancer. Your friendship and generosity continues as seen with the custom rifle. We haven’t had the strength to read all of the posts from everyone in Bob’s memory. I’m sure we will all cherish them one by one in due time. We thank you for that.

Bob was an amazing individual and we were blessed to have him in our lives. He lived every minute to the fullest and he will be sorely missed. Bob faced everything in life with passion, determination and humor; and cancer was no exception. We’d like to share a little memory from last year with you. Bob entered th 6th floor of the Brigham and Women’s Hospital knowing he was facing 10 days of intense non-stop chemotherapy again. He pushes through the double doors of the isolation ward; stands facing the nurses station; throws his arms wide and with a big smile he announces to all “Hi everyone! I’m back!”

In honor of Bob donations will be made to the following organizations: Youth Shooting Sports Alliance, Mule Deer Foundation, Bass Unlimited, Dana Farber and Challenge Unlimited.

The Farese family.

Well, it sure put a smile on my face, big time! Congrats to all who contributed. I hope and believe your good deeds will come back around to you. Congrats to battue as well.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.