Scott asked me what I thought of the rifle:

Parts fit: Perfect.

Trigger: Model 70 triggers have a definitive characteristic in that there is a little creep. Even ones worked on by a good Smith usually have some that are easily detectable. Not this one. I talked to Nathan about it yesterday and he said it is there, but he did his best to not have it be evident. His best was better than good enough.

Finish: Can't find a flaw.

Rifle by itself came in at 7lbs 15oz + a smidge. kinda surprised with the bottom metal. Thought it would be more. Balance is just ahead of the front screw. Pretty nice.

Finally, something that jumped out at me. I've had a few bolt rifles worked on by a good smith. With everyone, when you dryfire them the bolt will lift some. Vibrations coming thru from the firing pin falling. Those vibrations are not good for accuracy. With this one, I can't see any jump and I looked hard. Again mentioned it to Nathan and he said that was an excellent receiver he started out with. Well, now it is an excellent plus.

None of this is BS due to circumstances.

Nathan Chesney builds a great rifle. Perhaps some of you should give him consideration on your next build.

Last edited by battue; 08/21/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler