For me I have hunted with a Ruger no.1 now for over 20 years I may own plenty rifles,i guess I just like my custom #1 in 257 weatherby mag to hunt deer or antelope with. there is just something about these fine single shots that feel good and look so unique,heck I even had a custom picatinny rail put on top so I could use a nite force scope on this gun,the barrel is a bunx custom put on,gave my son the exact gun in a 257 w.mag too,my son in law I gave him a 7 mag no.1 he loves it,got no.1`s put away for all my grandkids too. it just such a nice safe gun to load and unload and all hunters need to make that first shot count. I also target shoot and hunt with a army sniper he too hunts only with a Ruger no.1. if your hand loader and like guns many switch to a Ruger no.1 just because I guess ,its just a classy type gun.my old friend and hunting partner new Bill Ruger well I got to hear a feel stories but sure wished I would have met Mr. Ruger wonder what ever happen to the 400 Bell Ruger no.1 John built Mr. Ruger ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman